ADRESS, ACCESS & DIRECTIONS
Laboratoire de physique de l’école normale supérieure,
24 rue Lhomond,
- By Plane:
You can take a flight to Roissy-Charles de Gaulle or Orly airports.
From the airport, you can take a taxi or access the RATP urban transport network (via RER or Metro).
Recommendation: Take the RER B from Charles-de-Gaulle to Paris, or Orlyval+RER B from Orly to Paris. Then follow the instructions below.
- By Metro:
Take the RER B to the Luxembourg stop, line 7 to Place Monge or line 10 to Cardinal Lemoine.
- By foot:
To get from the subway station to us, see the map.
Once at 24 rue Lhomond, ask the reception desk to contact your LPENS correspondent.
- Welcome !
INFORMATION FOR VISITORS
** A sample list of hotels at walking distance from the LPENS (all these hotels have agreements with CNRS, so that, if rooms are available, they can be booked and finance using CNRS funds):
– Hotel Saint Christophe, 17 rue Lacépède, 75005 Paris,
– Les jardins du luxembourg, 3 impasse Royer Collard, 75005 Paris,
– Hotel du Bresil, 10 rue Le Goff, 75005 Paris,
– Hotel de l’Esperance, 15 rue Pascal, 75005 Paris,
– Hotel des Mines, 125 Boulevard Saint Michel, 75005 Paris,
– Hotel de France Quartier Latin, 108 rue Monge 75005 Paris.
** For longer stays, studios are available at (upon booking them enough in advance) :
– Villa Louis Pasteur, 3 rue des Ursulines, 75005 Paris,
– Résidence Les Carmes, 5 rue des Carmes, 75005 Paris,
– Studios Jussieu (part of Sorbonne Université), 11 rue des Fossés Saint Bernard, 7505 Paris.
– Additional suggestions can be found there (in French).
The list of all seminars in all fields of physics and mathematics in the Paris region is available on the SEMPARIS website.
Here are additional information on social activities on the ENS campus or on the Sorbonne University campus.
Additionnal information, potentially also useful for short term visitors, may be found in the section “Information for post-docs” below.
INFORMATION FOR POST-DOCS
If you need information or assistance for preparing your stay at the LPENS, contact our human resource department at pole-rh“at”phys.ens.fr.
It is wise to start the recrutement process (filling files, visa application in case, etc.) two monthes prior the arrival for EU residents and three monthes in advance for non EU residents.
For EU citizens, no visa is required.
For non-EU citizens: Official EU immigration procedures and specific advices for different circumstances, including researchers can be found at the website: http://ec.europa.eu/immigration/
Information on accommodation, insurance, health insurance, transport, learning French, … : HERE
INFORMATION FOR FOREIGN STUDENTS AND RESEARCHERS
Website that aims to help foreign students and researchers who would like to come and work in the Ile-de-France region : http://iledefrance-academy.com/