Mitsubishi Heavy Industry
– Chair in High Energy Physics inaugurated in 2016
– Holder: Slava Rychkov
– Another chair at the Department of Mathematics of the ENS (Dmitry Chelkak)
CFM (Capital Fund Management)
– Chair of Modelling and Data Sciences inaugurated in 2016
– Carried by Florent Krzakala of the LPENS and Stéphane Mallat of the department of computer science at the ENS
– Multidisciplinary Chair. Collaboration of the Departments of Biology, Economics, Computer Science, Geophysics, Mathematics, Physics, Cognitive Sciences, etc.
– Chair Centre for quantum devices inaugurated in 2019
– Holder: Carlo Sirtori
– 1 Research component and 1 Training component
LPENS members have founded or co-founded the following start-ups:
Start-up Alice&Bob is developing a universal, error-free quantum computer to sell its exponential computing power. Schrödinger’s unique cat quantum bit technology, the result of Zaki Leghtas’ experimental research work at the ENS, addresses the two main challenges of the quantum computer: error correction and universal computing, and serves as the basis for the start-up co-founded by two former PhD students of the group: Raphaël Lescanne and Théau Peronnin. The project is supported by early-stage funding from PSL, jointly with Mines ParisTech and CNRS.
C12 aims at producing reliable quantum processors thanks to an elementary material, the carbon nanotube. At C12, we are tackling computing errors at their roots, in the material. The start-up is leveraging the technology of spin qubits coupled to microwave cavities to provide quantum speed-up for early specific applications. C12 is a spin-off of the experimental group of Takis Kontos at Ecole Normale Superieure PSL (Paris) who has developed unique expertise in carbon nanotubes and played a pioneering role in the spin qubit technology.
Hummink is a deeptech startup that develops a novel additive manufacturing technology at the nanometric scale. Spun-off from the Ecole Normale Superieure and Institut Pierre-Gilles de Gennes, in Paris, Hummink recently raised a seed financing round led by Elaia Partners, with the participation of Beeyond and PSL University. With its breakthrough direct printing technique, Hummink’s mission is to provide the semiconductor, screen or molecular diagnostic industries the tools to design, fast-prototype and manufacture at the nanoscale
Development of an adaptive optics system exploiting a new single sensor adaptive optics process
David Darson, Electronics Design Office. In partnership with LPENS, Université de Bourgogne, Observatoire de Paris, SATT Lutech.
The patents filed by LPENS researchers are listed on the teams’ pages.